Sat, 22 Jan|
"Women Authors Across Cultures: Where Are We Going?"
Time & Location
22 Jan 2022, 19:00
Coral Gables, Newman Alumni Center, 6200 San Amaro Dr, Coral Gables, FL 33146, USA
About the event
Join us in-person or online for a discussion with 4 renowned women authors from various cultures to discuss where our society is going.About this event
The world has been turned upside down by the pandemic, climate change, gender inequality, political upheavals, racial unrest, and even threats to democracy. So where do we, as women, go from here? Join our renowned women authors across various cultures to address this topic.
- Bandy X. Lee - Author of the New York Times bestseller The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump, and advocate for mental health assessments of elected leaders; President, World Mental Health Coalition.
- Andrea Pino-Silva - Author, We Believe You: Survivors of Campus Sexual Assault Speak Out; her work was featured in The Hunting Ground, a film about her campus assault activism; Doctoral Student, UNC-Chapel Hill.
- Lutze Segu - Social Justice Doula/Blogger (www.lutzesegu.com); Collaborates with organizations to improve their culture/policies regarding racism, gender- and LGBTQ-biases; Ph.D. Candidate in The Institute for Gender, Race, Sexuality and Social Justice, University of British Columbia.
- Jessica Valenti - The New York Times bestselling author of Sex Object: A Memoir; Journalist, The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Atlantic, and The Guardian; named one of the Top 100 Inspiring Women in the world by The Guardian; her hard-hitting newsletter, All in Her Head, influences women around the world.
To learn more about the presenters, please visit our website at www.powerinconnection.org
FREE & OPEN TO THE PUBLIC | REGISTRATION REQUIRED
Please keep in mind that if you wish to attend this event in-person you must follow COVID protocols in place as follows:
- Masks are required at all times during the event upon arrival at the venue.
- If you are feeling sick 24-48 hours before the event, please do not attend the event. Instead, watch the webinar from home for free. Register now for further information.
- If you feel sick 24-48 hours after the event, please make sure to contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and call the UTrace line at 305-243-TEST to report it.
Meet the Authors at the Q&A Afterparty!
After attending the main session for "Women Authors Across Cultures: Where Are We Going?" join the interactive conversation in-person or virtually!
Please Note: The Q&A Afterparty is a $15 paid event both in-person and virtually, and you must register for this session. To be part of this interactive Q&A session, please select the proper ticket type (in-person ticket or online admission) in addition to the main event ticket/admission.
“Women Authors Across Cultures: Where Are We Going?” is made possible with the support of the City of Coral Gables as well as with the support of the Miami-Dade County Department of Cultural Affairs and the Cultural Affairs Council, the Miami-Dade County Mayor and Board of County Commissioners.
Funding for this program was provided through a grant from Florida Humanities with funds from the National Endowment for the Humanities. Any views, findings, conclusions or recommendations expressed in this program do not necessarily represent those of Florida Humanities or the National Endowment for the Humanities.